Why Colman Domingo Nearly Quit Acting After Auditioning For The Boardwalk Empire

Add a review

Descriptions

"All the films, all the lights, all the accolades, all the beautiful critical responses — I want to bathe in all of that right now," Colman Domingo told the New York Times.

Knowing that he hit such a clearly defined rock bottom after hearing back about his "Boardwalk Empire" audition, it's hardly surprising that Domingo is now openly grateful for the success he's since found. The accolades he mentioned include an Emmy award for his work on "Euphoria" Season 2 and a Golden Globe nomination for "Rustin."

Domingo also described the moment he wanted to quit acting in an interview with NPR. What got him back into the business was finding new representation. He explained that fellow actor Daniel Breaker encouraged him to meet with a new agent, even when he insisted on leaving acting behind. That new agent was the one who helped Domingo land "Fear The Walking Dead," which kickstarted a career renaissance.

"Now that I'm here, it feels so beautiful. But also, I know that it's so earned," he said. "Now I feel very peaceful, actually. I feel that I'm being seen the way that I see myself."

Source link https://returndays.com/index.php/2024/01/02/why-colman-domingo-nearly-quit-acting-after-auditioning-for-the-boardwalk-empire/?feed_id=22277&_unique_id=65941705d41aa

Similar Products

1468670061590647494

Add a review